A couple of friends were discussing on Facebook how hard it is to go into busy public places, because, they begin to feel anxiety and stress from everyone around them. They were saying it was the “Curse” of being an empath.
I used to feel that way myself, but I have figured out a couple of simple things to do to clear that energy off of me.
The first thing you need to become aware of is that your energy is the one trespassing into other people’s stuff!!! People would have you believe that others are being energy vampires. That does happen, but it’s not as intentional as they lead us to believe. The biggest problem is that you yourself have no boundaries. Our energy is scattered and flitting about getting jumbled in other people’s gunk. We need to stop that!!!
Here are a few things that I like to do that help me remain calm, cool, and relaxed no matter what is going on around me. (Keep in mind, I sing in bars for a living!)
- I check in with myself and ask. “Does this energy belong to me?” If it is not mine I firmly say to myself, “This is not mine! I disconnect, disconnect I disconnect!”
- Grounding yourself in your name is the fastest way to gather your energy back to you. However, you have to like your name in order for it to work. To see if this will work for you, start by checking in with yourself and rating where you are now. Ask yourself. On a scale of one to ten, how calm and relaxed am I right now? Ten being tranquil. Now, make this statement saying your name (first, middle, and last) in both spaces. Say: “I am ___________________ and only ______________!!! Say it strongly, loudly and firmly. (Even if it’s only in your mind.) three to ten times if needed. This gathers our energy back from wherever it has wandered.
- I also like to follow up with this statement. “Only those who come from the light and are filled with light are allowed in my space.”
- As I am saying these statements I am visualizing my energy returning to me and being magnetized to my core. I then repeat over and over, “I am purging my energy with divine, pure, holy love.”
- The next step is to create a boundary by wrapping your energy in a beautiful blue-green light. I was told by a guide that only divine guidance can penetrate blue-green light. I like to imagine this light spinning around my energy creating this boundary. Much like a trail on the meteor, a blip of light spins around my energy field building a boundary around my energy like the film on a bubble ask I ask to make it stronger! I ask for the assistance of God to keep my energy pure and loving and calm.
A good exercise is to imagine yourself being filled with bright white light. Imagine it pouring down over and through you and clearing off everything that isn’t yours and then anchoring into the earth. See it spreading out 9 feet in all directions like a giant sphere around you. Now, imagine your energy sphere being wrapped in blue/green light. take a moment to notice how good you feel.
Do this a few times a day for a couple of weeks until you know what it feels like. Once you have it down, you can make your self a statement that activates this process instantly. My husband simply says. “Shields up!”
I do these exercises periodically throughout the day. A minimum of 5 times a day to be exact. These processes don’t take long, and I really enjoy the peace and tranquility that they provide. My students always whine and complain that they shouldn’t need to clear their energy all the time. Let me ask you this. How many times are you willing to wash your hands in a day? Every time you get them dirty, right!
Energy doesn’t only come to us by proximity. Every time someone thinks about you… They connected to your energy! This is where energy vampires come into play. As a healer my clients think. “Oh man, I need Amy Jo to help me.” ZAP!!! Crap!!!
Every time you think about someone. You connect your energy to theirs! You’d like to think having moved halfway across the world from your family, that they are not affecting you anymore. But energy doesn’t need a phone to make a connection… It just does it at the speed of thought.
Since I feel other people’s emotions so drastically, I have made a lot of habits to assist me to dump that energy off of me. For instance, when I am showering I say. “I am washing off everyone else’s stuff and clearing and grounding my energy,” I say the same thing every single time I wash the dishes or even just wash my hands.
Belongings that were once owned by someone else are filled with imprints of the previous owner’s thoughts. Prior to learning to clear my energy, I would rather go to a graveyard than a thrift store! Graveyards are much clearer than a thrift shop!
So hiding in your house is not the answer. Get in there and clean up your energy and protect it.
When I am sweeping, dusting or vacuuming I say. “I am cleaning out every thought and pattern that does not belong to me.”
I try to make it fun. I will tell you this, I used to get major headaches going out in public. I hardly ever get them anymore. And if I do, I can use those few sentences I have just shared with you and the headache always go away!
Remember energy follows thought. Intend to clear your energy and that is all it takes!
© Amy Jo Ellis 2017
Amy Jo is the author of the Court of Atonement a 22 booklet that teaches a process that assists in healing deep traumas and conflicts. It is getting worldwide attention from the energy healing communities and is currently being translated into 5 languages.
We are happy to announce that this blog is being followed in 58 countries and growing!